Serie A Preview: Inter Shape Up For Feisty Affair With Napoli
Roberto Mancini is adamant Inter can offer their “best shot” to search lower Roma within the race for Champions League football because they get ready for a potentially volatile Serie A clash with Napoli on Saturday.
The Nerazzurri require a victory at San Siro to have their faltering pursuit of third place and Champions League qualification on target, getting won one of their last three outings.
The match sees Mancini go mind-to-mind with Maurizio Sarri the very first time because the Napoli coach was suspended for implementing a homophobic slur towards his counterpart during Inter’s 2- Coppa Italia victory at Stadio San Paolo in The month of january.
Mancini has stressed he will shake Sarri’s hands and also the former Manchester City boss is keen to pay attention to Inter’s bid to trap Roma.
Single- win at Frosinone before out along with Roma’s 1-1 draw against Bologna means the Milan club are six points adrift with six matches remaining, and Mancini insists his team haven’t tossed within the towel.
“You will find six games left to experience and we have to believe we are able to. We’ll provide our best shot,” he told Inter’s official website.
Inter’s failure to help keep pace within the Serie A title race has brought to rumours that Mancini might be replaced at San Siro, but forward Eder – who became a member of from Sampdoria in The month of january – recognized his coach.
“He’s an instructor that keeps everybody alert, so people need to stay in very good condition and make certain we are ready whatsoever occasions,” he added.
“His career speaks by itself – the items he’s done and everything he’s achieved.”
Eder has yet to attain in nine Serie A appearances for Inter, but he remains pleased with his proceed to San Siro.
“I have experienced Italia for 11 years and so i already understood about Inter’s great history, partially from getting faced the club many occasions,” he stated.
“Whenever you play for Inter, you are much more conscious of how large the club is – you will find fans everywhere in Italia and around the world.Inch
For Napoli, a victory at San Siro is vital if they’re to keep their faltering bid to help keep pace with protecting champions and leaders Juventus.
With only six matches remaining they’re six points adrift of Massimilano Allegri’s men and Napoli are once again without suspended top scorer Gonzalo Higuain in Milan.
However, in the absence Napoli switched over bottom club Verona 3- with Higuain’s substitute Manolo Gabbiadini around the scoresheet.
In addition to Higuain, Napoli – who won November’s reverse fixture 2-1 – will also be without hurt right-back Elseid Hysaj (feet).
Key Opta stats:
– Napoli have gone unbeaten over their last six league meetings with Inter (W3 D3).
– Inter have lost only one of their last 12 home games against Napoli in the top-flight (W9 D2).
– In the reverse fixture, Napoli scored and Inter conceded their fastest goal in this Serie A campaign (Gonzalo Higuain netted after 64 seconds).
– Against Frosinone, Inter kept a clean sheet after eight consecutive league games without one. Overall, only Juventus (18) have kept more clean sheets than the Nerazzurri (14) in the current Serie A.
– Napoli have won only one of their last four away games in the league, after having collected 12 points in the previous four.
– Manolo Gabbiadini has scored eight goals and delivered three assists over the last 11 games he has started for Napoli in all competitions.