Juventus v Genoa: Arturo Vidal Hungry for Revenge
Arturo Vidal insists Juventus have revenge on their own minds heading into Sunday’s clash with Genoa after having suffered their only Serie A defeat this year against them in October.
Juve’s near perfect begin to 2014-15 incorporated seven wins along with a tap into their opening eight league matches, but a vacation to Genoa tarnished running.
Luca Antonini’s 94th-minute win at Luigi Ferraris created the only real blot on Juve’s Serie An offer up to now, with Vidal keen to create amends a few days ago.
WATCH JUVENTUS Versus GENOA AT 9:55 AM ET ON BEIN CONNECT
Buoyed by their midweek victory at Borussia Dortmund to help ease in to the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals 5-1 on aggregate, league leaders Juve can move another step nearer to a 4th successive title.
“I was delighted [to win 3- in Dortmund],” stated Vidal. “They are victories that be very convenient, the night was almost perfect.
“[Now] we must concentrate, because we must win the 4th league title.
“Furthermore, against Genoa we have to overturn the only real defeat within the league.”
With 11 league games remaining, Juve sit 14 points obvious of Roma at the very top. And, as the fight rages for that final Champions League places below them, Massimiliano Allegri’s side still cruise.
A momentous treble remains around the cards for Allegri in the debut season, having a Coppa Italia semi-final second leg against Fiorentina still in the future.
Genoa were the surprise package throughout the first 1 / 2 of the campaign as well as rose up to third at some point.
However, 3 victories since mid-December has witnessed their hopes for European football fade and Genoa face a fight to maintain a top-half finish.
A 3-match winless run has witnessed Gian Piero Gasperini’s side drop to seventh, with eleventh-placed Palermo 3 points behind.
Defeat in Turin often see them tumble further lower the table, but there’s a glimmer of hope considering that Juve is going to be without star midfielder Paul Pogba as well as in-form striker Alvaro Morata.
Pogba endured a hamstring injuries throughout the make an impression on Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park and can miss the following seven days having a grade two tear. Morata is banned and Claudio Marchisio is really a doubt after missing training on Friday because of illness.
Genoa are with no suspended duo of Iago Falque and Tomas Rincon, while M’Baye Niang is really a doubt through injuries.
Juventus have won 56 occasions and scored 196 goals against Genoa in Serie A – greater than every other side.
Within the reverse fixture in part one of year, Genoa won their first match against Juventus in Serie A since April 2009.
Genoa’s last win off to Juventus within the top-flight arrived The month of january 1991: since that time, they’ve lost eight occasions and attracted three occasions.
- Juventus are unbeaten within their last 18 Serie A fixtures (W12 D6): their last defeat came against Genoa within the reverse fixture.
- Juventus have conceded 14 goals to date, five less than last season after 27 match-days.
- Only Bayern Munich (17) have stored more clean sheets than Juventus (15) over the top-five European leagues this term.
- Just before their house defeat against Chievo, Genoa were unbeaten in five Serie A fixtures (W2 D3).
- Juventus haven’t lost any one of their last 41 Serie A games in your own home, winning 37 of those.
- Furthermore, the Bianconeri have scored in all of their last 44 league fixtures in the Juventus Stadium.
- Genoa have discovered the internet in all of their last 12 league games on the highway, but have scored only one in each one of the last six (W1 D2 L3).
- Paul Pogba has scored four goals from creatively, greater than every other player in Serie A this year.
- álvaro Morata has netted four goals as an alternative, some pot league-high this term in Serie A.
Other Sunday Games