The Ferrari 360 Problem Stradale Sports activities Automobile

The Ferrari 360 Problem Stradale – An in depth take a look at this traditional sports activities automotive’s efficiency, technical knowledge, options, evaluating rivals, historical past, used costs.

From Traditional to Trendy


The Problem Stradale sports activities automotive was launched by Ferrari in 1999, alongside the launch of the 360 Modena and Spider.

The Stradale was the very best performing, road-going variant within the 360 Collection.

It was the successor to the 355 Problem sports activities automotive whose growth reached a peak in 1998 with the Evolution variant, which was an nearly full manufacturing facility assembled race automotive.

The 360 Problem was based mostly on the 360 Modena, and was a restricted version racer that was designed by Ferrari to spend 20% of its time as a monitor day racer, and the remaining 80 % as a road-going sports activities automotive.

The Problem Stradale was as a lot as 110 kg lighter than the essential 360 Modena because of a variety of weight-saving measures, which included:

  • Eradicating the radio
  • Substituting the window glass with Plexiglass
  • Utilizing Alcantara cloth rather than the leather-based inside
  • Decreasing the load of the bumpers and skirts through the use of particular moldings
  • Eradicating the inside sound deadening materials
  • Utilizing carbon fibre mirrors
  • Including the elective carbon fibre seats from the Modena

These modifications produced a weight saving of 94 kg.

Fitted with 19 inch street wheels, an additional 16 kg was saved through the use of Brembo brakes, produced from a carbon composite materials, which each prevented brake fade and improved dealing with as a result of decreased weight,

The engine, physique panels, and chassis have been all constructed from aluminium.

When utilizing the usual six velocity F1-style paddle shift gear change system, the driving force may throw a swap and choose both Sport or Race-mode.

Within the case of the latter, when the traction management was switched off, there was a function that allowed the driving force to have interaction a excessive efficiency begin, as long as the prevailing driving situations allowed the automotive to develop enough grip.

The chassis of the Stradale had been designed in order that the centre of gravity was 15 mm decrease than the usual automotive.

All non-essential inside fitments, equivalent to carpeting and mats had been eliminated, and the door panels have been constructed from carbon fibre.

It used light-weight aluminium roll-over bars behind the seats that have been designed particularly for the automotive, and was fitted with stiffer springs and adjustable laptop managed damping.

With a modified carbon fibre under-tray, down drive was additional elevated the more durable the automotive was pushed.


The 360 Problem was powered by the identical mid-engined, 3.6 litre, V8 unit, with 5 valves per cylinder, as the opposite 360 variants, and developed 425 bhp at 8500 rpm, and 275 ft/lbs of torque at 4750 rpm.

This produced a high velocity of 186 mph, and a 0-62 mph time of 4.0 secs.

Output was elevated through the use of excessive compression combustion chambers with polished ports, and elevating the compression barely to 11.2:1.

The entire weight of the engine and gearbox was decreased by 11 kg through the use of a shorter, light-weight, chrome steel sports activities rear exhaust field, and modified outlet pipes.


Typical competitors for the 360 Problem Stradale included the next: Lamborghini Murcielago, and Dodge Viper SRT-10. Ferrari efficiency:


With an authentic value of $195,000, on the second hand market, a Ferrari 360 Problem Stradale that was in good situation would fetch round $160,000, while an instance in showroom situation would command within the area of $320,000.

One other one among these traditional vehicles from Ferrari.

This marks the top of my Overview of the Ferrari 360 Problem Stradale sports activities automotive

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.